Audio/Video Resources Preview
All audio/video resources of the AEA-IRC can be viewed individually or in groups at the Educational Media Services (EMS) Preview Area on a first-come, first served basis.
AEA-IRC compiles bibliographies of library resources for each University program. Contact your respective college representative librarian or send request to email@example.com.
Borrowing & Returning
Current Awareness Services
- A validated I.D. is required in borrowing books.
- Borrowing Privileges:
||Type of Borrowers
||Number of books
that can be borrowed
|ALRC – Circulation
Filipiniana – Circulation
||Overnight (borrowing time 2pm-onwards)**
|Administrators/ Support Staff
|Graduate Studies Books
|Administrators/ Support Staff/ Faculty members
|References (ALRC, Filipiniana, General References)
|Pil Garcia Collection
* across all collection type
** Reserve books maybe borrowed at 2:00pm onwards and should be returned not later than 11:00am the following day.
** Reserve books maybe borrowed by undergraduate students for overnight use except Fridays and Saturdays.
**Reserve books borrowed on Friday and Saturday should be returned the following Monday.
- Collections borrowed from the ALRC, Circulation counter, RIS and GSFS should be returned at their respective sections.
- Books may be renewed once provided it is not yet overdue.
- Books not returned on the due date cannot be renewed.
- Borrowers are allowed to renew via phone call, e-mail, library Facebook account and ask a librarian on due date.
- Books must be returned on or before the last day of classes.
- The Library has the right to recall overdue books when needed.
- Personal records of library patrons must be kept confidential by library personnel.
- In the absence of an identification card, part time faculty must present an endorsement letter from their department to avail borrowing privileges.
- Students with No ID must present registration form indicating the release date of ID to avail of borrowing privileges.
- Reserve books cannot be renewed by undergraduate students.
- Special due date are applied on:
- Reserve books when borrowed on Fridays
- Suspension of classes
- Books that will be borrowed within the week before the semester ends
AEA-IRC regularly posts list of newly acquired library resources at the library social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter) and at the New Acquisitions section of the library websites. Furthermore, cover page and table of contents of newly subscribed serials are also posted at the AEA-IRC website.
Document Conversion to PDF and File Transfer to CD-ROM
Documents needed to be converted to PDF and transferred to CD-ROM can be requested at the Electronic Resource Services (ERS) with a P25.00 fee.
Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery
is a service whereby the AEA-IRC facilitates borrowing of library material or obtains copies of published articles and book chapters from other libraries, on behalf of its library users or vice-versa. Researcher may send a request identifying specific information regarding the resources/material being requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library Resources Requests
In building the library collection, the AEA-IRC entertains request of students and faculty members for their recommended library resources (e.g books, serials and electronic resources). (Link to Form Here)
For duplication purposes, photocopying machines are available at the ground floor of the Annex building. Photocopying of library resources are to be done in accordance with the Philippine Copyright Law.
Printing of documents is available at the Electronic Resources Services and Serials Section using e-cash payment.
Online Document Delivery
Full-texts of online resources not available in the AEA-IRC databases can be requested by library patrons thru this particular service. Requests for these type of resources are to be sent to email@example.com.
- School/Office ID (to be presented to the Security Officer)
- Official referral letter signed by the Head Librarian or head of the Office/Department concerned
- A fee shall be collected from each visiting researcher as follows:
- Faculty/Graduate student/Professional - Php 50.00
- Undergraduate student - Php 30.00
- High School student - Php20.00
- The following are exempted from payment of research fee:
- Students and faculty of De La Salle Philippines, Inc.
- Holders of DLSU-Dasmariñas alumni card
- Network of CALABARZON Educational Institution (NOCEI) members (Saturdays only)
- High school students from “top 20 feeder high schools” provided by Student Admissions Office
- Present referral letter to the Reference and Information Section (RIS) personnel located at the ground floor of the Annex library building.
- Pay research fee and receipt will be issued by the RIS personnel.
- Accomplish properly the Temporary Library Card. This card must be returned to the RIS after use.
- Only five (5) researchers a day per institution shall be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- All materials are for Room Use Only.
- Use of library facilities excludes on access to Educational Media Services and Electronic Resource Services.
- Visiting researchers including alumni will not be accommodated during examination week, term breaks and university break (every Wednesday).
- Chaperons are not allowed.
- Researchers must abide to the library rules and regulations.
- The Director of the Library reserves the right to cancel requests when it is deemed necessary.
Note: Visiting researchers are requested to have a list of references taken from the AEA WebPAC.
- Mondays to Fridays (except Wednesdays) 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturdays 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Conversion of videos either in Betamax or VHS to DVD can be requested at the Educational Media Services (EMS) at a reasonable price.
Files of course syllabi in the Archives and Special Collection (ASC) are requested by students and alumni for different purposes. To accommodate this request the ASC provides either print or electronic copies of course syllabi.